Daniel Chait (March 18, 2009 - 11:42am) wrote in his blog:
Scott Guthrie announced formally during the Mix09 keynote that Velocity will be shipping with ASP.NET 4.0. Big news for the distributed cache market!
hope microsoft is gonna ship caching provider they announced some time ago in LA.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Scott Guthrie announced formally during the Mix09 keynote that Velocity will be shipping with ASP.NET 4.0
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
do you like poker ? I do, checkout how a custom version of shared cache helps to run a poker game: read ivan's post why he decided to use shared cache instead of velocity: http://www.ivanbondy.com/Blog/archive/2009/03/16/microsoft-velocity-out-shared-cache-in-.aspx
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
SharedCache is a high-performance, distributed caching system. Although application-neutral, it's commonly used to speed up dynamic applications by alleviating database load. SharedCache runs as a distributed windows service on every web and / or application server farm to cache data objects in memory out of process. Your stored objects can be accessed from any of your servers in your farm.
Release Date: March, 9th 2009
Release Number: 220.127.116.11
Release Documentation: http://doc.sharedcache.com/ (is not updated now - coming soon)
- DataContract serialization implementation (WCF)
- Workitem: Socket closure on shutdown
- Major bug in fallback logic (special thanks to Christian Weyer from thinktecture - http://www.thinktecture.com/staff/christian)
- Replicated caching and distributed caching versions contains now a flag with an online / offline status.
- Extended logging - trace socket pool bahaviour when shared cache runs as debug installation. Use SysteInternals DbgView to view how the socket pool act.
- Client and server socket pool configurations (SocketPoolValidation, SocketPoolTimeout, SocketPoolMinAvailaleSize)
- Replicated server socket pool configuration: http://www.sharedcache.com/cms/default.aspx?pg=e9acfe54-2da7-4515-924a-e46723921764#Release%18.104.22.168
- Client socket pool configuration: http://www.sharedcache.com/cms/default.aspx?pg=adc4b470-11a5-4e87-8d06-8ff0e4fd3b05#release%22.214.171.124
tips & tricks:
if you install the server on the same server we suggest to use different locations for the log files. eg:
Consider about firewall configurations: if you have communication problems check your firewall file: C:\WINDOWS\pfirewall.log